Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Today is my tomorrow. It's time to take control.

Yesterday was day one of my road to transformation. It was complete hell. Started off with a 5:30 am gym workout, where my leg decided to have shooting pains up it, and ended with a horrific headache from no caffeine all day I'm sure. Not good! For those that do not know, a few months back I went to the doctor complaining my leg had been hurting while running. It was discovered that I had stress fractures in my tibia. Total bummer! I was so proud of myself because I was up to running 4-5 miles a day. Unfortunately, my ambition to push myself harder and further is what led to the fractures. Doctor's orders were to wear a boot around for 2 weeks. Two weeks turned into four and then six. Finally, I was given the okay to get back into the gym and resume softball. Then silly me had to jump in the air and catch a line drive two weeks ago and land hard on my bad leg. Thus re-injuring it. I thought I was back to 'okay' until that 5:30am workout which was supposed to start with a 1 mile run. So now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I want to exercise. Need to exercise. But also do not in any way, shape or form want to put that God-awful boot back on! Especially in this 100 degree weather! So I guess for now, I keep lifting and take it easy on the treadmill. Maybe substitute with eliptical and bike and walking my dog for cardio. I'm not giving in, just modifying my workouts. Even worse is I was signed up for the Dirty Dash in 3 weeks and had to back out in fear of landing myself back in the boot. But enough about that. Between yesterday's chest and tricep workout and today's back and bicep workout, my arms feel like jello! I love it! For those interested, a little more about my meal plan. I met with a nutritionist who has me on a meal plan and vitamin regime. The vitamins certainly seem to be working! I have more energy and don't feel so blah and tired all the time, which is terrific. I can only imagine how much better still I will feel once I get the heck of this healthy eating thing. My meal plan is roughly 1300-1500 calories a day. For breakfast I'm allowed 1-2 ounces of protein, 1/2-1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of starch. Typically for me that breaks down to 2 eggs with one slice of toast (no butter) or a yogurt cup, granola, and some watermelon or grapes. Yum! Snacks are 1-2 ounces of protein and 1/2-1 serving of fruit or veggies. Lunch time is my favorite! I love salads and with lunch I can have as big of one as my heart desires. Recommended lunch is 3-4 ounces of protein, 1/2-1 serving of vegetables, and 1 serving of starch. Typically I have a large spinach salad with sunflower seeds, green peppers, carrots, and cucumbers. Of course with light Italian dressing (15 calories for 2 tblsp!). Dinner is the same recommendations as lunch. So all in all the meal plan is not bad. It's just learning portion control and mind over matter. I will think I'm hungry and over eat when in all reality my body is not. I promised myself I would not go on and on in every single one of my blogs :p So today, I leave readers with some motivational words:
"You are who you choose to be. Choose to be happy and healthy."
"Your stomach shouldn't be your waste basket."

No comments:

Post a Comment